GRASSINGTON PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Councils form the first level of local Government. They consist of locally elected Councillors who volunteer their time to serve their local community.
Grassington Parish Council has 9 elected Councillors who serve a 4 year term. The present Councillors term lasts until May 2016.
Current Councillors are :
Rob Charlton- Deputy Chairman
Parish Council Meetings
Parish Council meetings are normally held on the last Thursday of each month, at 7:30pm in the Council Offices at the Town Hall.
Members of the public are welcome to attend the meetings. The last part of each meeting is open to members of the public to ask questions.
For full details of agendas and recent meeting minutes, please check the Council notice boards located in the Square and at the Town Hall.[wpdm_package id=’2636′]
Responsibilities of Grassington Parish Council
Parish Councils have a range of powers and responsibilities. Grassington Parish Council :
– Provides a first point of contact for local residents.
– Represents the parish in matters affecting the village.
– Liasing with Craven District Council, North Yorkshire
County Council & the Yorkshire Dales National Park
Authority on various matters (e.g highways, footpaths,
– Commenting on planning applications.
– Responding to consultations
– Maintains a number of public spaces within the village.
These include, Town End Field Playing Field,
The Square and Wood Lane Residents Car Park.
– Maintains benches within the village and employs a village
caretaker to undertake street cleaning.
– Maintains numerous street lights in the village. Any
problems with street lighting should be reported to the Council.
– Manages Grassington Allotments.
– Supports local community groups and events.
Grassington Parish Council welcomes your input. If you have any queries or suggestions please do not hesitate to get in touch. If you come to us with any matter that is not our direct responsibility we will still do our best to help and support you.
AGENDAS & MINUTES